Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fish Fisherman Recreation Flash photography Fishing

We were out on the red river last Thursday even though it was very cold out. We fished in about 19 feet of water. We caught several sauger all day. Then the boy hooked into this beast. We quickly pulled out the other rods as this monster was getting tangled in them. After finally lining up its head into the hole, we landed this 37 inch cat. What an awesome day !

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wow, I can only imagine the excitement during the battle wondering how big the trophy(walleye) would be.....Well done!!! Your son will remember that battle for the rest of his life...... Haven't landed a trophy cat through the ice yet, can hardly wait for the opportunity!!!

Wayne

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, I can only imagine the excitement during the battle wondering how big the trophy(walleye) would be.....Well done!!! Your son will remember that battle for the rest of his life...... Haven't landed a trophy cat through the ice yet, can hardly wait for the opportunity!!!

Wayne

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I caught a 33" cat a few weeks ago after dark near CIL Rd. I knew immediately that it wasn't a walleye, was hoping it was a sturgeon. 5 minutes later I see that it's a catfish... like I don't catch enough of them already in the spring and summer now I gotta catch them in the winter?...geez

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I caught a 33" cat a few weeks ago after dark near CIL Rd. I knew immediately that it wasn't a walleye, was hoping it was a sturgeon. 5 minutes later I see that it's a catfish... like I don't catch enough of them already in the spring and summer now I gotta catch them in the winter?...geez
I have not yet caught a Sturgeon hoping to one day. I se them reported being caught more and more. Opening day last year I caught I bet 10 Master cats on the Mile, stopped counting at one point. Hoping its a Sturgeon to see another fat cat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts