Manitoba Fishing Forum - The Premier Fishing Forum Of Manitoba banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the cold snap I had no interest in fishing, but with the recent moderating of temps I decided to try the west side of lake. Departed the shoreline on the 18th at about 8:30 and tried a couple of new spots that looked interesting on Lake master mapping. Auger was flooding ind leaking fuel but got it running....carb work to be done after I get home.... Tried in 8-12 feet of water, nothing marked and no bites so decided to go deeper. At about 1:30 pm I got out North of the mouth in about 19' of water and caught a nice eater right away, then I saw my other rod flip up and head for the hole but thankfully it was locked in the rod holder....too late though, fish was gone and so was the minnow. Stayed at this hole after re-baiting and caught a nice 21". Then a few small walleye moved in and I proceeded to feed them minnows....finally caught one of those small walleye and marked a few bigger fish on the finder but no commitments. A little cool to run and gun but I survived without setting up the tent as winds were light all day and the sun kept it tolerable! I got a few more bites but could not set the hook....always tougher fishing with mitts and lines icing up but at least I found a spot for the future. I had to be home earlier so had to leave.... I never needed the extension on my auger but it got close a couple times....anyway a good experimental day that got me a meal!....I have to say that it's been tougher for me to find and catch them this year compared to last year but they are there....as some say you just have to put in the work to find them!....tight lines everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
I agree nice to see the weather warm up, look forward to not needing to set up a tent!!! Unfortunately I am back to work the next couple of weekends....you will hammer them next time now that you found an active area, nice report!

Wayne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts