Manitoba Fishing Forum - The Premier Fishing Forum Of Manitoba banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loaded up the yak dark and early and headed out to Deloraine Reservoir to target smallies. They're fun from the boat, but an absolute blast in the kayak. First time there, I'm sure I'll be going back again! I now know what is meant when someone says they have "bass thumb". :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Murds, that's the second recommendation in consecutive threads...think you've convinced me to keep driving passed my staple bass lake, Shoe, and drop the yak in Tooth this weekend.

Never gone in that far in Nopiming. What's access/parking like? Recall seeing on other threads about parking on the highway? I might be mistaken.

·
Registered
151 Posts
You won't regret it. You turn left into a small parking area, room for a few vehicles there which is off the road. the portage is fairly short and easy, a few rocks and up and downs, but if you have wheels for the yak you'll be fine and will only take 10 minutes. Let us know how it goes, I am planning on going up there hopefully in the next couple of weeks for a day trip. I will post when I decide to go as company is always welcome.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hit up Tooth today. It was a bit slow. Three pike in the 20's right off the hop, and pretty much no action for the next hour or so. Finally boated (kayak'd?) the first smallie by 8:30, which was a dinker 6"er. And that's pretty much how the rest of the day went. I for sure set a personal best hooking into the most bass under 8" in (must have been 15-20).

This guy was the best of the day. A few others in the 12-14" range.

Gorgeous day out, though. Finally a relief from the insane heat, but probably why it was slower on the lake.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well the bass were very hungry today, managed 25 or so in the yak along with WAY to many pike to count. most of the smallies in the 14+ range with a couple small ones in there and a couple 18's and a real brute 19.5. even seen a big bass struggling to eat a smaller one on the surface. the large one had the small one by the head and both of their tails were thrashing it was quite a sight. i paddled right up to the the pair and grabbed them and they didnt even seem to care snapped a quick pic and released them. beautiful day and tons of fish not much more a guy can ask for.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hit up Nopiming again on Sunday, fishing was good in the morning but in the afternoon the wind got pretty fierce and the lake got very rough for such a small lake only caught 3 bass all afternoon along with a couple pike. Yak'd 15 bass in total tons of small ones this trip biggest at 15" and a few pike no where near the massive numbers of pike this trip out but I attribute this to my tackle selections. Think I could have killed them early in the day if I had brought out the fly rod but I try to bring less gear when I have to haul the yak through the bush

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hit up Nopiming PP for some early SMB fishing. water was still very cold at 47 degrees. the bass seemed to be fairly spread out today but still managed to get on a few. tried to take more videos and pictures but the bluetooth remote for the camera was not playing nice and i though i was rolling a few times when i wasnt. only managed 2 decent clips where the lens was not completely covered in water. im kind of a camera noob i guess but im working on it.

couple clips on google drive

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9ISDYYA2enwRzJzSHZqVjdvR2s

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9ISDYYA2enwSW13Y3A5T00tVGM

·
Registered
42 Posts
Fished a new lake (for me) in nopiming pp on the weekend and the smallmouth bite was on big time. Yak'd about 40 SMB and lost a ton also caught 1 perch and 1 pike, no walleye unfortunately. The bass were eating everything caught them on cranks, jerkbaits, flipping jigs, a few on top water but I had the most success on a Carolina rig with pretty much any creature bait trailer, craws, lizards, rage bugs, pretty much every bait I threw got bit. I am soooo addicted to yak bassin.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts