Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Out there i seem to do well using a chubby darter or rattlin lure with a deadstick rod with a jig and minnow as my second rod. Call them in with the aggressive presentation sometimes they crush it but more often then not they end up hitting the deadstick. Do you have a flasher?

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Trophy Hunter said:
Out there i seem to do well using a chubby darter or rattlin lure with a deadstick rod with a jig and minnow as my second rod. Call them in with the aggressive presentation sometimes they crush it but more often then not they end up hitting the deadstick. Do you have a flasher?

good tip, that usually works well for us aswell.....ripping jigging spoons is another favorite of mine

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also find having a flasher is key for me anyways to have success with the chubby darters and rattlin baits. Being able to see how the fish is reacting and getting them to come up to the bait are key imho

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
agreed with all that you have said. some days are different that others like any other place. it some times takes a while to find out how they want it, color,etc. good luck

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
try small hooks, 1/16 oz. was working, but bring variety, had about a 24" slam a live target last weekend, so try lots til something works, post results as going out tomorrow with a group, please let me know if any clear ice so kids maybe able to skate, thanks and merry x-mas.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
marked quite a few fish today only got one to commit and it hammered a live target then i lost it in the hole damn transponder it was about 18 inches but had a great day out there and it beats work anytime even if you don't catch anything

1 - 9 of 9 Posts