Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been up around Balsam Bay/Harbour? Might make a trip out on Sunday, any heads up would be appreiciated!
Thanks! :ice:

·
Registered
1 Posts
This from Lee on the lakes facebook page "there is 10 inches at Balsam Bay, with a few fish being caught.December 10 at 1:27pm"

I'd like to try Balsam this year, but don't know the area. Can anyone give me a rough idea/directions on where to fish.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Once u get to the harbor, drive out pick a spot, if no fishies within 45 mins to an hour, MOVE A few guys will say even that is too long

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Yup, 45 minutes is to long for me to stay if no fish. I have fished with guys that are slow and they don't even get down before I am ready to move :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
had 3 buddies out all day on Balsam today, 2 fish were caught

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds like the fish are there, just hiding well ;) i'll be out on sunday and observe the 45-minute rule as always when ice fishing. sometimes i'll wait a little longer if i'm up by sugar on the red or any of my other haunts, but i'll giver' and report back my success (or lack there of) :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,872 Posts
BlueBomber666 said:
sounds like the fish are there, just hiding well ;) i'll be out on sunday and observe the 45-minute rule as always when ice fishing. sometimes i'll wait a little longer if i'm up by sugar on the red or any of my other haunts, but i'll giver' and report back my success (or lack there of) :lol:
The LW rule as Lee has mentioned is 5 to 10 minutes, not 45. As for the Red River, it's sit and wait them out, not 45 minutes. So where does this 45 minute rule actually apply?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
red/winnipeg rivers: 45-60 mins i tend to move downstream if things don't workout
most lakes: anywhere from 30 mins to 60 mins, i like to try and charm 'em in with noisy/flashy lipless cranks espescially with the big walleyes. i don't like giving up on a good spot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts