Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We drove strait out from the harbour 3/4 of the way to the frazzle/pressure ridge. Set up camp and had zero bites in the first two hours. Then I finally hook into a good one that gets off and it feels like my line was bit through. As it turns out I didnt have my clasp closed properly and the fish took off with my chubby... Good news my dead stick bends over and I set the hook in hopes of catching the fish with my darter in his mouth. Set the hook and fish is on... then off grrrrrrrrrr. My buddy then gets a hit and brings in a three pound pike with no chubby in his mouth. 1 hour later with no more bites or marks I set out on my own and walk the rest of the way to the ridge. I drill two holes mark a fish in ther first 5 min but catch nothing. My brother phones me three times in the next twenty min saying they have caught two wlleyes and two sauger. I run back but too late nothing else for two more hours. We were out farther than most in 14 feet of water. Anyone have better results closer in??? I think I will walk on next few times after passing the sunken truck on the way in.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Spent the whole day out there yesterday. Fishing was slow for the first half. Moved three times and found the fish in the afternoon. 4 of us caught 30-35 walleyes in the last 2 hours of the day. Action was furious at some times with double and triple headers. Glad we didn't give up early!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
strikemeister said:
Spent the whole day out there yesterday. Fishing was slow for the first half. Moved three times and found the fish in the afternoon. 4 of us caught 30-35 walleyes in the last 2 hours of the day. Action was furious at some times with double and triple headers. Glad we didn't give up early!

I guess we gave up too early. I think I will sleep in next time and stay from noon till dark. We you closer in or farther out. I was in 14 feet all day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts