Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Was there last summer fishing was good camp spots good roads in park goat trails long detour road from campground to boat launch every day to use the boat very very wash board road and dusty. Reason being for detour regular road from campground to boat launch was washed out and going to be very difficult to repair as I was told by the MNR office. I found out after contacting to complain about the sorry state of the regular roads in the park much like Winnipeg roads pot holes everywhere.This park has dropped some what from it past years as far as it's upkeep and it shows.I'm not happy with the increased park fees and piss poor upkeep I get for my increased fees and I expressed this to Mr Macintosh his response was the Bla Bla Bla stuff.I also talked to the owner of the store and little restaurant in the campground and he also has contacted and spoke to him in person and got the same Bla Bla Bla. Why I'm I not surprised.So in closing if you don't mind trying to drive around park full pot holes and doing a long detour every day on gravel road that didn't see a grator for the 2 weeks I was there and one sat off the road idle the every day I was there in the works yard. Go beat your truck or car and boat up if you like because I'm sure the problem won't be fixed. I'll stay outside the park this year if the road problem isn't addressed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Fishsticks. I'm disappointed to hear they aren't maintaining the park and roads. I consider Asessippi PP one of Manitoba's under-stated gems. Maybe in the future MNR will touch it up and bring it back to it's original grandeur.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yes your so right Under-stated gem. We can only hope it will be addressed but with the current Government I have little faith. I will continue to e-mail Macintosh our who ever is sitting in that seat and let them know it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts