Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Environment Canada’s new marine app if fucking shit so I am looking for an alternative!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
379 Posts
I use both. I find they both pretty much tell you the same thing. I just use the free versions, so can't say if the pay versions are any better than the other.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
IMO Windy is more user friendly as it gives more info at a glance.
But both Windy and Windfinder are only accurate about 24 to 48 hours in advance, you can see some real changes displayed as you get closer to your planed fishing day.
You need to know how to pinpoint the location you plan to fish as much as possible on the maps.
I usually don't commit till the day before, weather conditions are so unpredictable due to our two big lakes.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Put it this way. I have to go up in a man lift near the end of this week to work on two solar units (48 panels mounted on a 21' mast, dual access).
According to Windy i'm good to go only on Friday, Windfinder shows I have Friday and Saturday. I'm hoping Windfinder is more accurate, but the man lift won't be rented till the day before... so much like fishing, only I'm the fish watching the jig go up and down.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Windy is more useable for me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I use windfinder also found the main environment Canada site for marine forcast page is decent for farther up lake wpg have not tryed windy much yet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts