Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a place to go tommorow in Nopiming... but unsure were to hit, I don't know if the smallmouth frenzy is over or people are still hammering them in shoe lake... Let me know if you've been up there lately

·
Registered
371 Posts
I was up at Shoe beginning of this week. Smallies were hot, our group of 4 hit triple digits. Few decent pike and 1 walleye as well.

Pumpkin tube jigs & natural colored cranks were working the best, fluorescents weren't producing nearly as well.

·
Registered
371 Posts
How's the 'reservation' system working? Sites clean, no one cutting down live trees trying to burn them?
Site was clean yes and nobody on it. There was a pine tree cut in about 4 ft lengths and delimbed. It was dry and was at the site when we got there. We figured it was park staff that put it there so we burned it. Totally ridiculous that you need to go to the black lake campground and back to check in when my reservation and payment were made online. All that was needed was l/c plate #'s and a signature. It would be hassle free if they eliminated that redundancy of driving an extra 20km's for a signature.

·
Registered
235 Posts
We just got back from a shoe lake camping trip. Our site was empty when we arrived and was fairly clean.A few things left laying on the ground, beer cans and empty sun screen and some wrappers.

We did notice the signs saying that you need to drive further up the road to black lake to sign in before camping.

Yah like that happen..... I bought and paid for that site a month ago ( $60. for 3 nights ) online. Told them my plate #, how many people and tents and if i had a dog. If they wanted me they knew were to find me.

·
Registered
235 Posts
To answer op question, don't know about anybody else but we found the bass bite to be slow, but then again i mostly fish for walleye so my bassin skills are not that great. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts