Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Provincial Fisheries staff have put together a website that offers some new information for anglers on some of the more popular lakes in Manitoba.

In creating this website we hope to provide useful information to our resident anglers and anglers who come from outside of Manitoba.

http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/waterstewardship/fisheries/fish_stocking_gMap_MVC_V2/index.html

The website can be found on the Provincial Government site under Departments - Conservation and Water Stewardship - Fisheries Branch (look at the right-had side under quick links).

The website includes maps (some with bathymetry), stocking records, stock assessment data, record size fish , and photos of boat launches.

Much of the information in this website is a direct result of the Fish and Wildlife Enhancement Fund (the stamp on your fishing license). Fisheries staff are very grateful for the contribution that anglers have made to gathering content for this project.

As this is our first version of the 'Angler Lake Information Site' we would appreciate any suggestions that would make the site more user-friendly.

We intend to expand the list of lakes on the website in the future if resources are available for us to do so.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me:

[email protected] or better yet, call (204) 345-1450.

Happy New Year!

Derek

·
Registered
882 Posts
Derek, this is awesome. I've just browsed it quickly, but I'm super happy to see this info be so easily accessible!

Great job on this!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Totally amazed at what species were stocked at one point in a lakes around the province. And yet these fish have not been caught recently. Was looking at small and large mouth bass.

And muskies were stocked in rivers in 1987, 100000 of them. Makes a guy wonder were they went

1 - 4 of 4 Posts