Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a good reminder on the radio this morning and thought it a good idea to share. It was in regards to online security and passwords. Try to have more then just say 3 or so that you cycle through for all your accounts. Ideally you would have one for each account you have. Try to change the passwords once every 90 days or so. Usually longer is better. Now I know that this can seem daunting with all of the accounts we have and long passwords are not easy to remember so try this little trick. Try using groups of words like 3 or 4 and have them pertain to the account in question. For this site you could have; "ilovetofish" It is far easier to remember only 3-4 things rather then 10-15. The added bonus to this is that if there is a hint question for helping remember the passphrase have the answer the first word and this will trigger the rest in your memory. Anyhow hope this helps. Any other ideas are welcome as well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Passwords are the bane of my existence!! I hate them. I have about six different accounts at work all with different passwords that I HAVE to change every 90 days or IT suspends me. I'm getting old and remembering my anniversary and wifie's birthday is bad enough never mind some stupid illegible gargon with numbers and symbols. It's getting to the point that I have to be a freaking rainman in order to log onto a computer.

Ahhhh...thanks for listening and good tip!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts