Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

Quesnel Lake

14K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  BIGGAMEFISHER 
#1 ·
Spent 9 days at Quesnel lake campground, had a great time, lots of swimming and fishing. The fishing was great with the bigger fish starting to show up on the reefs. Caught what we call the Grand Slam ( 5 different species ), tons of wallys, 1 whitefish, jumbo perchies, monster smallies and loads of pike. Will be going back soon I hope. :fish2:

#3 ·
It's not the best of campgrounds but I still go back year after year,, Been going since I was a kid. The rates are a little high at $17 a night with no fire wood But u can buy from the lodge. They also have cabin rentals, boat rentals, bait, ice, and other necessities. Always see some kind of wildlife like moose and bears. Got to Love the Nop. Give me a holler if anyone needs tips on Hot Spots :cool:

#7 ·
Man that camp brings back fond memories... I used to stay at the lodge every year with my grandfater and my dad. One of the best parts was the woman who owned/managed the place. Being a young man in my teens and seeing those guns right through her tight white shirts was a game changer... :twisted: fap fap fap...

G
#9 ·
Backroad Benny said:
Man that camp brings back fond memories... I used to stay at the lodge every year with my grandfater and my dad. One of the best parts was the woman who owned/managed the place. Being a young man in my teens and seeing those guns right through her tight white shirts was a game changer... :twisted: fap fap fap...
ROFL oh to be a teenager again, eh!

#10 ·
jshelest said:
we're heading up there for may long, wheres good to fish there in the spring? Never been there before. we're campin on an island.
In the early season, fish shallow. Fish the edge of the currents where the lakes meet. Fish under the falls at the Manigotogan River where it enters the lake. You'll get big bass, walleye and the odd big pike under there. Probably my favorite place on earth to cast a jig - for sentimental reasons more so.

#11 ·
Tried to attach a shot of the falls from Goog but it doesn't want to work. Like Backroad Benny I agree this is one of the best paces to start with and then move from there. I always fish the big falls
(Manigatogan) more so then the small ones but they both have produced well over the years. I always fish some sweet spots on the left shore on the way to the big falls.

#12 ·
Backroad Benny said:
Quite possibly the best post I have seen on any forum!!! Ever!!!! breathless giggling.

#15 ·
Haha love the comments guys! I'm also heading in May long weekend for some fishing. Give me a holler if you see me, (red lund) most likely be a few of us. Some big bass and nice walleye in that lake. I havent even tried the reef yet. Anyone point me in the direction of where it is?

Thanks

#21 ·
my cousin and I were just texting about Q and how desperate we are to get back there one day. I love camping on their islands and fishing for smallmouth in early June. Always have a great time.

#24 ·
say what you want about that outhouse.... the toilet on Loon Island provides the best view I've ever had during a morning constitutional. Ha ha.

Also, the topwater bass action in mid June is nearly unmatched in this province. If it weren't for that road in, that place would be overrun with bass fishermen.

#26 ·
that'd be the one. Even just the road into the Nop...I'm surprised how many guys refuse to take their boats into Nop because of the gravel. For me, the bass fishing is too good to worry about that.

#27 ·
The road is definitely better then it was 30 yrs ago, no log crossing at the swamp ! I say the road keeps all the Yahoo's out ! (Except me and the buddies back then). And yes I know of a few times I've been told, "I'm not taking my boat up that road". The 15km road from 304 has taken me almost 2 hrs and that wasn't the time I got a flat tire. However it's that road that keeps that place tamed from the idiots of society today, and when I make that turn off 304 onto that road it's a sense of lake country like not many other places can offer ! Take it from the guy who got 2 flat tires, on the way home one year, I highly recommend taking 2 spare tires for the truck and 2 for your boat trailer lol.

#28 ·
It’s been years since I’ve been up that road. I had my old boat in Quesnel years ago. In 2010 I went to Wallace and tarped the front of my current boat. It helped but wasn’t perfect. I now have rock tamers but have contemplated buying that plastic full front rock guard / boat protector. It’s just the 780 bucks plus taxes!

Summer rig: 2009 Crestliner 1700 Fish Hawk, 90 Merc 4S, Minn Kota PD V2, Humminbird 788Ci, Humminbird 570.

#35 ·
It is the son and his girlfriend that are managing it now. Not sure if it will make a difference or not..... Won't stop me from going. Love it up there. I typically spend about 10-12 days a year up there. Starting to develop a few pretty good maps over the last year with the Lowrance units too!

Reactions: GordF and Poppa
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.