Manitoba Fishing Forum - The Premier Fishing Forum Of Manitoba

Manitoba Fishing Forum - The Premier Fishing Forum Of Manitoba (https://www.manitobafishingforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Camping (https://www.manitobafishingforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Elbow Lake? (https://www.manitobafishingforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2436)

BisonPride 04-26-2012 10:03 PM

Elbow Lake?

Anybody gone up to Elbow Lake? I was thinking about heading up there this summer for a few days and any info would be greatly appreciated!

BisonPride 04-29-2012 10:30 PM

Re: Elbow Lake?

Yay! Blazing the trail!

Fish_Killer 04-29-2012 10:51 PM

My buddy has gone into elbow a few times...great walleye fishing! You probably won't be dissapointed if ya go in there. :D

Millty 04-30-2012 11:42 PM

Are you talking Elbow lake on the Grass River?

BisonPride 05-01-2012 11:39 PM

Oiseau (Bird) River in Nopiming

gofish 05-02-2012 01:00 PM

Was there last year and camped on one of the islands past the elbow midway down the lake. When you first get in, the first 3 or 4 sites on the right-hand side were closed last summer due to recent bear activity. Not surprising really as there are some real pigs that manage to get up into Elbow. I just don't understand how people will leave cans, fish guts, 1/2 empty bait containers, and cut down green saplings for firewood......stuff won't even burn properly.

The lake itself is pretty nice but can get windy due it's east-west position. We usually go further into MacGregor or Snowshow. Some decent fishing as well. Good luck if you go.

mbc 05-04-2012 05:27 PM

I have camped many Times in MacGregor go about 5-10 minutes (paddle) past the falls and camp on a Island on your right as you are paddling east. It is quite sheltered and a perfect location ( more difiicult for yogi and boo boo to visit) :fish2: . camping at the falls at each end is nice, but has seen bear activity at times.

BisonPride 05-04-2012 11:53 PM

Thanks for the imput guys! :D
Yeah, some peoples lack of respect for the earth and others safety baffles me :x
I have been canoeing for a few years now; the Assiniboine in the western half of the province, a bit in the Whiteshell and a few lakes out in Alberta. A couple of my buddies are novices to canoeing so I hoped that the Elbow/Bird route wasn't too hard for the group, myself not having done it before. About how long would it take for 4 goofs :lol: in a couple of canoes to do the Elbow route and back to Tulabi Falls realistically?

gofish 05-06-2012 12:15 PM

Count on about 4-5 hours to get to the first camping spots on Elbow.

BisonPride 05-08-2012 09:13 PM

sounds alright, we'll have to giver' a whirl