Coming to Manitoba to visit inlaws - Manitoba Fishing Forum - The Premier Fishing Forum Of Manitoba

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2018, 11:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Aspiring Angler

Default Coming to Manitoba to visit inlaws

I hesitate to ask but figured I would give it a shot. I am from Alberta and an making a trip this summer to visit my wife's parents and might need some get away time. So I enjoy fishing so thought I would ask. They have a cabin on Gull Lake. The one by grande Beach. For what I can find online sounds like there maybe small pike in there? Any other suggestions near by would be appreciated also. Please help a guy to keep his sanity. Haha
trashheap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2018, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Thanked 1,261 Times in 483 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashheap View Post
I hesitate to ask but figured I would give it a shot. I am from Alberta and an making a trip this summer to visit my wife's parents and might need some get away time. So I enjoy fishing so thought I would ask. They have a cabin on Gull Lake. The one by grande Beach. For what I can find online sounds like there maybe small pike in there? Any other suggestions near by would be appreciated also. Please help a guy to keep his sanity. Haha
At gull lake you should be within an hour drive of some reasonable fishing. To the north you could go on Lake Winnipeg and fish the shore like at Victoria Beach. To the east there is Lac du Bonnet, the Winnipeg River system and a little further the Whiteshell. To the south is the legendary Red River with a whole ton of species.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy our province. You can ask more detailed questions in the Summer section if you have an idea of what to target.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Manitoba Fishing Forum - The Premier Fishing Forum Of Manitoba forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in